Studying Abroad? Apply for the Gilman Scholarship

Posted: August 18, 2012

If you are studying abroad this year for 4 weeks or longer and have a Federal Pell Grant, you qualify to apply for the Gilman International Scholarship. See or contact Ketja Lingenfelter, Study Abroad Coordinator at for more information.

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program Spring 2013 Online Application Open

The Gilman International Scholarship Program is happy to announce that the online application system is now open for students participating in study abroad programs during the spring 2013 term. We anticipate this to be a competitive cycle so please encourage your students to seek your guidance and utilize all available Gilman resources. For more information about the Gilman Scholarship, webinar schedules, and other helpful resources please visit the Gilman website at

Spring 2013 online applications are due October 2, 2012 by 11:59 p.m. CST

For students applying for any academic term (academic year, fall, spring or summer) please find the eligibility requirements below:

  • Enrolled as an undergraduate student at a two or four-year U.S. Institution
  • United States citizen
  • Receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of study abroad
  • Participating in a study abroad program that is no less than 4 weeks (28 days) in one country and no more than an academic year
  • Receiving academic credit
  • Study in any country not currently under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Cuba

For more information, please contact the appropriate person below:


Last Name A-D Phone: 832-369-3477 Email:

Last Name E-K Phone: 832-369-3484 Email:

Last Name L-Q Phone: 832-369-3475 Email:

Last Name R-Z Phone: 832-369-3485 Email:

Submitted by Ketja Lingenfelter (