If you’ve attended a regionally accredited college or institution that provides college-level courses, and you’ve completed 18 or more semester credits subsequent to high school graduation, you may be considered for admission with advanced standing.

College Policy

Advanced-standing transfer students may be admitted directly to a major (if entrance requirements have been met), or admitted to the College in pre-major status (if transferring with less than 59.1 credits and can meet the entrance to major requirements prior to fifth-semester classification).


  1. High school and college transcripts are required to complete a transfer application.
  2. Students transferring to University Park must have taken 60 credits (2 years of full-time college coursework) before the time of transfer.
  3. For more information about the transfer requirements, visit the Undergraduate Admissions website.


Transfers to University Park

  • Transfer students in pre-major or major status at University Park are advised by a department academic adviser.
  • Students are encouraged to contact the major adviser as early as possible to discuss a viable schedule of courses for the entering semester.

Transfers to Commonwealth Campus


College Contacts

Additional Resources

Office for Undergraduate Education


101 Agricultural Administration Building
University Park, PA 16802