Posted: November 8, 2017

A change has been made with reporting worker's compensation injuries.


The College of Agricultural Sciences has made a change to Reporting Worker's Compensation Injury Claims.

All First Reports Of Injury (FROI) will be completed by the College Safety Specialist.

Some of the reasons for the change include:

• Centralizing the FROI Process
• More Accurate Injury Documentation and Reporting
• Correlating injury trend data
• Identifying injury patterns and trends will assist us in determining needs for retraining, equipment modifications, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) changes, etc.
• Associating the Injury Report with Injury / Near Miss / Incident Investigation Reporting
• The data from the FROI will be key in completing the Injury Investigation Reporting. This will in turn allow us to better determine causes and corrective actions.
• Keep in mind that these reports are fact finding only and will never associate blame or discipline
• Our process will only be completing the FROI; further action for the workers compensation claim will be handled by Human Resource Representatives and the Absence Management Team

If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact .

Thank you for your help and cooperation as we roll out this new process.

Emergency Contacts

  • Emergency (Police-Fire-Ambulance): 911
  • University Police: 814-863-1111
  • University Health Services: 814-865-6556
  • Environmental Health and Safety: 814-865-6391
  • Physical Plant Work Reception Center: 814-865-4731