Submitting work orders and project requests for College of Agricultural Sciences' facilities.

College of Agricultural Sciences' facilities are maintained by the Office of Physical Plant (OPP). Daytime facility issues should be reported to your Building Coordinator. If there is an urgent facility issue after 5:00PM or on the weekends, please call the OPP Work Reception Center at 814-865-4731. This center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Work Orders

Routine maintenance work and work requests of a small scope are typically accomplished by submitting a work order through OPP's EZRequest, by Building Coordinators. Examples of work that can be accomplished through a work order include:

  • moving of furniture
  • painting of a single office
  • installation of receptacles.

All work requests submitted through EZRequest, other than building maintenance requests, must include your department's Standing Order number. For more details on what OPP pays for and what is the department's responsibility, please see Who Pays For What. If you wish to submit a work order, please contact your Building Coordinator.

Project Requests

Larger scope projects are initiated via a Project Request Form. All project requests should be filled out completely by your department and forwarded to the College Facilities Office in 115A Ag Admin. Projects fall into one of two categories, Minor Projects and Major Projects.

Minor Projects

Minor Projects generally involve work that is expected to cost less than $25,000, and requires little or no professional design input. Examples of minor projects might include:

  • installation of a piece of research equipment
  • sub-dividing of a room or other minor renovation
  • room or lab renovation

Major Projects

Any project that requires professional design or is over $25,000 is a Major Project. Major projects are generally submitted for a "Feasibility Study" (if an analysis or estimate is necessary).

If you have any questions with regard to initiating a work order or project request, please contact the Facilities Office or your Building Coordinator.

Utility Shutdowns

A Shutdown is a temporary interruption of a utility or building operations service for the purpose of construction, maintenance, repair or replacement of equipment. OPP maintains a list of building Facility Contacts, as well as OPP employees to be notified of shutdowns. All affected building occupants are notified based on a need to know basis by their Building Coordinator.

Emergency Contacts

  • Emergency (Police-Fire-Ambulance): 911
  • University Police: 814-863-1111
  • University Health Services: 814-865-6556
  • Environmental Health and Safety: 814-865-6391
  • Physical Plant Work Reception Center: 814-865-4731