How to obtain a parking permit for faculty, staff, and students in the College of Agricultural Sciences.

Who Needs a Parking Permit?

Every employee or student, including wage payroll, part-time, or Fixed term, must have a parking permit to park on campus.

Obtaining a Parking Permit


Individuals enrolled in classes at Penn State are classified as students and must obtain student parking through the University Parking Office:

Eisenhower Parking Deck
Open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (subject to change)

Full-Time Faculty and Staff

New FULL-TIME faculty and staff receive a temporary parking permit at their Onboarding Session which is good for 7 days. During that 7 day period, each employee must log-in to the University Parking Portal at and add their vehicles to the system PRIOR to obtaining a parking permit. Please see the document titled Manage Vehicle and Account Information above. If you are an existing Penn State employee that is changing work units, please be sure your vehicle information is updated prior to starting in the College of Ag.

New FULL-TIME faculty and staff must complete a parking permit form and email the completed form to our parking staff assistant, Kristin Price at In addition, this form is required for any changes to a different permit or permit exchanges.

Part-Time/Wage Payroll Employees

New Parking permit applications for part-time and/or wage payroll employees are processed by the University Parking Office located on the 1st floor of the Eisenhower Parking Deck. Any wage payroll employee wishing to apply for parking should proceed there during business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm) to obtain a parking permit.

When completing the form, please "Save As" with your Last Name in the document name and email the form as indicated above.

The following information will be needed to obtain a permit:

  • 9-digit Penn State ID number
  • Home Address
  • Office and Home/Cell Phone Number(s)
  • License Plate Number(s)

Permits are the property of Penn State and must be returned if the employee is terminating employment or going on leave of any kind.

Updating Parking Permit Information

If you need to add a new vehicle, remove a vehicle or change the vehicle information for your parking permit, please use the Parking Office's online registration portal to update this information. For instructions on using this portal, please view the Manage Vehicle and Account Information document.

Please note that any unregistered vehicle or vehicles not associated with a permit which receives a parking ticket and remains unpaid after 30 days will be sent to a collections process for payment. It is imperative that all faculty and staff maintain accurate and up-to-date information in the Parking System!

Updating Email Addresses, Mailing Addresses and Phone Numbers

When updating your vehicle information, please check your email address, mailing address and phone number information by using the respective management tools located at the online registration portal main menu. If any of this information is incorrect, please update the information in WorkLion, the University's Human Resources System. These updates are automatically downloaded into the Parking Office database each day.

Lost or Stolen Parking Permits

In the event a parking permit is either lost or stolen, please report it to the Keys and Parking Office immediately. There is a $25.00 replacement fee for a lost permit. If paying the fee with a credit card, please visit the University Parking office in the Eisenhower Parking Deck. They will process the payment and issue a replacement permit. If paying the fee via a check or money order, please visit the Keys and Parking Office in 112 Ag Administration. A Lost/Stolen form will be completed, payment accepted and a replacement permit issued.

Returning Parking Permits

Permits must be returned to the College parking chair in order to not be charged for parking. Parking fees are not prorated. Individuals who have terminated employment, are on leave, or are not working over the summer months, must return their parking permit to the parking chair unless other provisions have been made. If the permit is not returned on the last day of employment, the individual will be held accountable for the fee of the permit.

Motorcycle Parking Permits

Faculty and staff registered for a vehicle permit, who own both a vehicle and a motorcycle, must add their motorcycle as authorized for use with their assigned vehicle permit. Once listed, the motorcycle may park throughout the day in any non-reserved vehicle space within the permit holder's assigned lot, or any designated faculty/staff motorcycle spaces (except for Commuter and Evening/Weekend permit holders).

Display of the vehicle permit on the motorcycle is not required, but one of the vehicles or motorcycles registered for use with the assigned permit may be parked on campus at any given time, unless they are also registered with another permit issued to another faculty/staff member.

Motorcycle-only permits for faculty and staff are no longer available

Motorcycle Parking at Gated Parking Facilities is Prohibited

During installation of new gate equipment at the East, HUB and Nittany parking decks, the service company performing the installation brought forth a safety concern regarding motorcycles entering through gated equipment. After consulting with the manufacturer, parking industry peers and the University's Risk Management Office, it was confirmed that the speed at which current-generation gated equipment operates could pose a serious safety issue for motorcyclists. With the safety of all customers in mind, all parties have agreed to prohibit all motorcycle parking at these facilities East, HUB and Nittany Parking Decks effective immediately.

As no motorcycle parking is permitted at the East, HUB, and Nittany decks at any time, motorcycles associated with permits for these locations will have access to the following parking areas (motorcycle spaces only):


-Lot Yellow R (located near Ag Administration)

-Eisenhower Deck

-Service vehicle/ADA parking area located near Geary Hall (available Fall 2018)

After 4 p.m. on weekdays and all day on Saturdays and Sundays, motorcycles registered with a valid faculty/staff permit will have access to motorcycle or vehicle spaces in all faculty/staff lots, with the exception of Lot Green H (available on weekdays after 6 p.m.) and the East, HUB and Nittany decks (always prohibited).


As an alternative to parking on campus, the Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA) offers the RIDEpass, which issues PSU Faculty, Staff, and Grad Students discounted bus pass, good on all CATA bus routes in the State College area, as a replacement for a parking permit.

For more information please visit Penn State Transportation Services, or review University Policy BS03: Faculty and Staff Parking Rules and Regulations.

Grad Upgrade Parking

Information for Graduate Students to obtain upgraded parking permits.

Manage Vehicle and Account Information

Word 2007 document, 18.1 KB

This document provides information on updating your personal information and vehicle information on the Penn State Parking Portal.

Visitor Parking

Details parking options available for Penn State visitors

Emergency Contacts

  • Emergency (Police-Fire-Ambulance): 911
  • University Police: 814-863-1111
  • University Health Services: 814-865-6556
  • Environmental Health and Safety: 814-865-6391
  • Physical Plant Work Reception Center: 814-865-4731