Forms, procedures, and contact information to report an injury, near miss, or an accident.

Reporting a Workers' Compensation Injury

An injury report should be filed each time anyone is hurt, no matter how minor the injury may seem and regardless of whether the employee is full-time, part-time, casual, or a student employee. An injured worker may not complete their own injury report.

The Facilities and Safety Office will be the only office permitted to file the First Report of Injury (FROI) for the College of Agricultural Sciences.

To submit a Workers' Compensation First Report of Injury please utilize the contacts below to do so:

Primary Contact

Kasey Snell
112A Ag Admin
University Park, PA 16802

Office phone: 814-865-9047

Secondary Contact

Mike Parisi
112 Ag Admin
University Park, PA 16802

Office phone: 814-867-1851

More Information

Contact Penn State's Office of Human Resources for more information on Workers' Compensation.

University Park

The injured worker must be treated at Occupational Medicine. If the injury results in an immediate medical emergency, initial medical assistance may be obtained from the nearest hospital. However, follow-up care must be from Occupational Medicine.

Occupational Medicine
Centre Medical Science Building
1850 East Park Avenue, Suite 310
State College, PA 16803

Vehicle Accident Report

A Vehicle Accident Report must be submitted to the Risk Management Office for any accident involving a University vehicle, rental car, or if a personal vehicle is used on University business. Please forward a copy to the College of Ag Safety Office as well in Room 112 Ag Administration. A report must be submitted to the Risk Management Office no matter how minor the accident or even if there was no damage at all. The Driver is responsible for completing the form. In case of serious injuries or undrivable vehicle, please call the Risk Management Office at 814-865-6307. If the accident is alleged to be the result of a "Hit and Run", the police must be contacted.

Driver must complete both sections of the Vehicle Accident Report, answering all questions, sign, and submit to Risk Management Office within 24 hours of the accident.

Incident Report

An Incident Report should be submitted to the Risk Management Office in the event of an incident or accident possibly resulting in damage to property or injury to students, visitors, and guests. This form is for incidents not falling under Workers' Comp or Vehicle Accidents.

Property Loss Report

A Property Loss Report should be submitted in the event University Property is damaged due to fire, water, storm, electrical surge, or robbery/theft. This form notifies the Risk Management Office that the University's Property Insurer may need to be involved. All losses are subject to a $25,000 deductible.

Risk Management Office Contact Information

Please direct questions and form submissions to the Risk Management Office.

Risk Management Office
The Pennsylvania State University
227 West Beaver Avenue
Suite 103 Rider Building
State College, PA 16801

Phone: 814-865-6307
Fax: 814-865-4029

College of Agricultural Sciences Worker's Compensation / Injury Brochure

PDF document, 200.8 KB

2024 edition

Emergency Contacts

  • Emergency (Police-Fire-Ambulance): 911
  • University Police: 814-863-1111
  • University Health Services: 814-865-6556
  • Environmental Health and Safety: 814-865-6391
  • Physical Plant Work Reception Center: 814-865-4731