Agricultural Science Students at a Commonwealth Campus or World Campus

All students who begin their studies at a Penn State commonwealth campus are expected to complete their first two years at that campus. In general, students enroll at their starting campus until reaching fifth-semester standing, as long as the campus can continue to provide a viable academic schedule of classes which will not delay their major plan sequencing.

Students enrolled in the College of Agricultural Sciences at the commonwealth campuses typically follow this "2+2 Plan." Sophomore students should communicate with their academic advisors to determine the semester in which the transition will take place. The student must declare their major before submitting a request for change of campus, along with having a GPA of 2.0 or higher. The transition request is initiated the semester before transition by the student in LionPATH. Students should take the initiative to confirm their transition semester and to take any needed action to secure housing after receiving approval of request, in addition, create a University Park schedule of classes, and discuss academic majors with University Park academic program coordinators.

To initiate a request for an early change of campus, the student should meet with their academic advisor to discuss the reason for the request. The student can then make a formal request on LionPATH. The request will be evaluated to determine if the early change is warranted. If the change is not approved, the campus contact will notify the student.

More information on changing campuses.

The College is notified of all requests for early change of campus and works with campus representatives and academic program coordinators to make a final decision. Decisions are based on many factors including, but not limited to, the reason for the request, the availability of required courses at the current campus, academic performance (must have a 2.0 GPA), and the ability of the student to make normal academic progress toward his/her intended major at the current campus. Making these decisions is a very thoughtful and researched process, and it is not based solely on intended major or amount of credits earned.

Any questions regarding change of campus can be directed to Jenneth Layaou, director for campus enrollment and retention.