Access Outlook Web App
It allows you to read, respond, and create email messages, view your calendar, tasks, and other aspects of your Outlook.
Refer to our How To Understand OWA browser window for more information on using OWA.
Login to Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Open your web browser (Example: Internet Explorer).
- In the Address bar type the following: http://email.ag.psu.edu/ and press Enter.
Note: The Outlook Web App logon window will appear. To learn more about security, click the show explanation link. The example below shows this.
Note: Under Security, leave the default choice of This is a public or shared computer selected when using OWA from a non-College of Ag Sciences EN machine. Examples: Shared Lab computers and computers in public locations like libraries or kiosks. Select the This is a private computer choice when using a College of Ag Sciences EN machine either in the office, on the road, or at home. You can also use this option on a non-EN, home-based machine. By selecting this security option, you acknowledge that you are the only person who uses this computer. Also, if the This is a private computer choice is selected, you will be allowed a longer period of inactivity before logging you off.
Note: If you have a slow connection to the Internet, you can choose to check the Use the light version of Outlook Web App box.
- In the User name box, type your Username.
- Your Username is your College of Ag Sciences AG account Userid.
- In the Password box, type in your password (your College of Ag Sciences AG account password).
- Click Sign In or press Enter.
- Your Inbox and your email will now open in the web browser.
"Could not be logged on" error message
If you see this message, you should reenter the User name and password combination. Be sure that the Caps Lock key is not down. The User name is only the Penn State Access Account or UserID (ex: vcv1). Do NOT add the @psu.edu to the User name when logging in.
No error message
OWA Logon screen simply refreshes. When you enter your User name and password combination, nothing appears to happen. And you're sure you are entering the correct information. In this case, Internet Explorer may not be set to accept Cookies. You will temporarily set the application to accept all cookies. Then attempt to login.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the Default button.
- Drag the slider on the left down to the lowest setting, Accept All Cookies.
- Click Apply. Click OK.
- Attempt to login to http://email.ag.psu.edu/ again.
Note: If this is successful, follow steps 7 - 12 to set the Cookies settings back to the College standard. If this was unsuccessful, you should contact Computer Support for assistance via the Help Desk Submission Form AND you should also follow steps 7 - 12 to set the Cookies settings back to the College standard.
- In Internet Explorer, the Tools menu, choose Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Select the Override automatic cookie handling checkbox. Set First-party Cookies to Accept. Set Third-party Cookies to Block. Select the Always allow session cookies checkbox.
- Click OK. Click OK.