Forward your Access Account to Exchange

As a PSU employee, you have a "Penn State" email address on one of Penn State's email servers. You can access these accounts via Penn State's webmail service: If you work in a Cooperative Extension office and in many College Departments, you may also have an email account on our College's AG Exchange server.

In this case, you would use Outlook for your email application and our webmail service, to view your College E-mail.

Following these steps will forward any E-mail sent through the "Penn State" E-mail servers to your College AG account. You will then have ALL your Penn State email delivered to one account ... your College AG Exchange account. This is the recommended course of action.

  1. Go to the following website:
  2. Click Login.
  3. Enter your Penn State Access Account Userid.
  4. Enter your Access Account password.
  5. Click the Change your e-mail forwarding address link at the bottom of the center column.

    Note: Please review the Forwarding address information. In the Forwarding address field, you will see your Userid followed by the @ and then one of Penn State's E-mail server names, either or

  6. KEY STEP: edit the server name to be:
    Example: would be changed to
  7. Click Change.
  8. You should briefly see a message that says, "Your change is being processed."
  9. When you are returned to the Forwarding address screen, your new forwarding address will be displayed in the field.
  10. Click the Back button on your browser button to return to the Welcome page of WORK.PSU.EDU.
  11. Click Logout. Close the bowser window.

    Key Point: Always ask people to send you email to your (ex: Never give out the longer address that you entered in the Forwarding address field.

    Tip: If you want your College AG account name changed, you should submit a request via the Help Desk Submission Form. Example: we can change a full name like 'Vincent Charles Verbeke' to a shorter version like 'Vince Verbeke' instead.

    Tip: If you want to use a "friendly" name for an email address, at the site, click the link to Add/Change Other Directory Information . Here, they have three Alternate E-mail ID fields. You can enter an address like "" as well. Scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Save Changes. If no one else has that name reserved, you can give that out as a valid email address to others.

    Caveat for advanced users: If you have a AG Exchange account, and if others in the College with AG Exchange account send mail to you, this mail message will never "leave" the Exchange server to be forwarded by the Penn State servers to another email address. If you choose to not follow these steps, you will need to read email in 2 places.