How do I study abroad? Start Here!


Study Abroad Resources for Agricultural Sciences

Study Abroad for a Semester

  1. Meet with for program ideas and funding resources.
  2. Meet with Peer Advisors for Study Abroad in 426A Boucke Building, M-F, 11am-4pm.
  3. Do some on-line exploring at Global Penn State. Click on Program Search to find available semester programs.
  4. Find two to three possible programs you are interested in.
  5. Meet with your academic advisor to determine how your classes will fit.
  6. Meet with the University Education Abroad Advisor about the programs you are interested in if needed, and apply on-line.


Study Abroad with an Embedded Course

  1. Ag Sci faculty-led courses called embedded courses because the travel portion of the course is "embedded" in the residential portion of the course.
  2. Meet at Penn State for a semester, and then travel short term, generally for one to four weeks, as part of the course.
  3. Usually around 3 credits, travel over spring break, fall break, winter break, or beginning of summer semester.
  4. How to learn about Embedded Courses?

Check out the opportunities, experiences, travelogues, and funding options listed here.

Parents and Family: Please see the Parent/Family Guide here.