The College of Agricultural Sciences Graduate Student Travel Awards are available to any registered full-time Graduate Student advised by our faculty (College or Inter-College major).

These awards should be used for presenting original research at national or international meetings. Please note that either an oral or poster presentation is required to be eligible for these funds.

One travel award per degree is allowed. Awards are limited to $500 for domestic travel and international travel.

The application must be completed and submitted to the Research and Graduate Education Office (217 Ag Admin) PRIOR to travel. This includes obtaining the adviser's signature, as well as attaching the abstract as submitted to the meeting organizers. All items must be present to fulfill the application requirements.

Once the application is submitted to the Research and Graduate Education Office, it will be reviewed and the applicant will be notified via email whether or not their application has been approved or denied.

For those applications that are approved, as a recipient of the award, you are agreeing to submit your expense report, through your unit's budget personnel, within two weeks of returning from travel. If the travel reimbursement is not requested within one month from the date of return, you forfeit your award.

Some travel awards will require a "Thank You" note to be sent to the donor. If your award has such a requirement, you will be provided the appropriate contact information in your award notice. Please note that the Research and Graduate Education Office will require a copy of the "Thank You" prior to approving your request for reimbursement.

**The travel awards are on a first come, first served basis until funds are all disbursed.

If you have any questions, please contact the Research and Graduate Education Office at

International Travel

For information on international travel, please refer to the Travel Safety Network (TSN).

Fillable Graduate Student Travel Award Application 1.3.pdf

PDF document, 324.8 KB

Office for Research and Graduate Education


217 Agricultural Administration Building
University Park, PA 16802