Application Procedures

The deadline to apply for 2017-2018 is April 30, 2017.

Documenting Financial Need
Many scholarships require, as a matter of fundamental eligibility, that you document your financial need.  These scholarships are denoted with **DOCUMENTED FINANCIAL NEED REQUIRED on the Search Scholarships page.  In order to establish and document your financial need, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form in accordance with instructions from the Office of Student Aid. The University's Office of Student Aid provides the college with the financial need documentation you establish by filing the FAFSA form. This is the only means by which we can validate your financial need.

Applying for College and Academic Unit Scholarships
Complete and submit the College of Agricultural Sciences Scholarship Application Form which will be available online in February of each year at the College of Agricultural Sciences Scholarship page. The information included on the form creates an individual profile for you that identifies the scholarship(s) you are eligible to receive. You will receive consideration for both College of Agricultural Sciences and academic unit awards. The receipt of an academic unit award does not preclude you from receiving college or University awards if you are selected for them.

Conditions for Accepting College and Academic Unit Scholarships Scholarships and awards are contingent upon the student  being enrolled in the College of Agricultural Sciences for the academic year in which the scholarship funds are available. Recipient selection is based on the criteria established for each scholarship. If you fail to meet the criteria or if you drop below full-time status (no fewer than 12 credits for undergraduate and no fewer than 9 credits for graduate students), your scholarship may be canceled. The scholarship monies you are awarded will be transferred into your account in the Office of the University Bursar when you enroll in Penn State and the College of Agricultural Sciences. If all University charges have been met, students may receive a refund for their residual balance to meet other education-related expenses. Scholarships are not automatically renewed each year. Students must submit a scholarship application form each year. Questions regarding your University account should be directed to the Bursar's Office, 103 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802; or their website:

Applying for Emergency Loan Funds

The College of Agricultural Sciences has limited funds available for emergency loans to meet unexpected needs. These loans are intended for students who have exhausted other sources of loan funding and have indicated by their academic performance that they will complete their studies at the University. They are not to be used to fund full tuition and expense needs. Loans are only available for full-time students enrolled in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree programs in this college. Loans are approved by the Office for Undergraduate Education but are administered by the Office of Student Aid in accordance with University procedures. Loans have a minimal interest charge and can be repaid either on a short-term basis or following graduation on an extended repayment schedule. Specific information on interest and repayment schedules can be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Services, 314 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802; 814-865-6301 or their website. If you feel you would qualify for an emergency loan, obtain an application form at the Office for Undergraduate Education, 101 Agricultural Administration Building, University Park, PA 16802; 814-865-7521. Your application will be reviewed and evaluated by the manager of financial and administrative services. If approved, your application will be forwarded to the Office of Student Aid for processing.