Spring 2017 Commencement
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)May 7, 2017, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
WhereBryce Jordan Center, University Park, PA
Add to calendariCal
Instructions for Graduates
- Graduates must arrive at Gate B of the Bryce Jordan Center between 2:30-3:00 p.m. Enter the arena floor via portal 15 and sit in your department/major section on the floor.
- Graduates must be in academic regalia (cap and gown) or the dress uniform of one of the U.S. Armed Forces. Academic regalia may be purchased at either the Penn State Bookstore (HUB) or the Student Book Store (downtown).
- To cross the stage, graduates must bring their name card with them. Name cards are mailed to their home address in April.
- No tickets are required for guests to attend the commencement ceremony.
- Detailed information will be sent to all graduates at their home address and in Penn State emails in early April.
- For more information you can go to the College's Current Student Website: agsci.psu.edu/students and the Penn State Commencement website at: commencement.psu.edu
Academic Honor Cords: All graduating seniors who have earned academic distinction are eligible to receive an academic honor cord to wear with approved academic dress at commencement ceremonies. Students who are graduating with highest distinction will receive a blue and white cord, students who are graduating with high distinction will receive a blue cord, and students who are graduating with distinction will receive a white cord. Students will receive an email notification on how to receive their honor cords from the Office for Undergraduate Education. Levels are determined by the cumulative GPA at the end of the Fall 2016 semester. If students earn a higher level once final grades are received, then adjustments will be made. Additional information can be found in the press release link here.
For Parking, Traffic and Seating Information click here
Military Honor Cords: All graduating seniors who are military veterans, currently serving on active duty, in the reserve, or National Guard, or who will be granted a commission obtained through Penn State Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) are eligible to receive a red, white and blue cord to wear with approved academic dress at commencement ceremonies. Those personnel who have already been granted priority registration status are automatically eligible for an honor cord and may visit or contact (814-863-0465) the Office of Veteran’s Programs at 325 Boucke Building during normal business hours to receive it. ROTC personnel may pick up their honor cord from their ROTC representative/office. Those personnel who have not been granted priority registration, please visit this website for instructions on required proof of service and where to submit the required documentation.
Spring Graduation Brunch
The College of Agricultural Sciences and the Ag Alumni Society invite you and your guests to a special graduation brunch prior to commencement.
When: May 7, 2017, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Where: The Snider Ag Arena
The Ag Alumni Society offers College of Agricultural Sciences graduates a complimentary ticket* to the graduation brunch. Additional guest tickets may be purchased for $20 each.
Email: Ag Alumni Relations