Parking Permits

How to obtain a parking permit for faculty, staff, and students in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Microsoft Word, 241.1 KB

Information for Graduate Students to obtain upgraded parking permits.

Who Needs a Parking Permit?

Every employee or student, including wage payroll, part-time, or Fixed term, must have a parking permit to park on campus.

Obtaining a Parking Permit


Individuals enrolled in classes at Penn State are classified as students and must obtain student parking through the University Parking Office:

Eisenhower Parking Deck
Open Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Faculty and Staff

New faculty and staff must complete a parking permit application with our College’s parking chair:

Mike Hoffman
112 Ag Administration Bldg
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00–11:30 a.m. and 1:30–4:00 p.m.

The following information will be needed to obtain a permit:

  • Penn State I.D.
  • Office Address
  • Office Phone Number
  • License Plate Number(s)

Permits are the property of Penn State and must be returned if the employee is terminating employment or going on leave of any kind.

Updating Parking Permit Information

If you need to add a new vehicle, remove a vehicle or change the vehicle information for your parking permit, please use the Parking Office's online registration portal to update this information.  For instructions on using this portal, please view the Instructions for Updating Your Vehicle Information document.

Updating Email Addresses, Mailing Addresses and Phone Numbers

When updating your vehicle information, please check your email address, mailing address and phone number information by using the respective management tools located at the online registration portal main menu. If any of this information is incorrect, please update the information in ESSIC, the University’s Employee Self-Service Information Center. These updates are automatically downloaded into the Parking Office database each day.

Returning Parking Permits

Permits must be returned to the College parking chair before the 10th day of the month in order to not be charged for that months parking. Individuals who have terminated employment, are on leave, or are not working over the summer months, must return their parking permit to the parking chair unless other provisions have been made. If the permit is not returned on the last day of employment, the individual will be held accountable for the fee of the permit.

Motorcycle Parking Permits

Faculty and staff registered for a vehicle permit, who own both a vehicle and a motorcycle, must add their motorcycle as authorized for use with their assigned vehicle permit. Once listed, the motorcycle may park throughout the day in any non-reserved vehicle space within the permit holder's assigned lot, or any designated faculty/staff motorcycle spaces (except for Commuter and Evening/Weekend permit holders). On weekdays after 4 p.m. and all day on Saturdays and Sundays, properly registered motorcycles may park in spaces within available faculty/staff lots with such spaces.

Display of the vehicle permit on the motorcycle is not required, but one of the vehicles or motorcycles registered for use with the assigned permit may be parked on campus at any given time, unless they are also registered with another permit issued to another faculty/staff member.

Faculty and staff who only wish to bring a motorcycle to campus may purchase an annual motorcycle-access permit from the University Parking Office, valid for parking in designated motorcycle spaces only in all faculty/staff parking areas where such spaces are available. The permit fee is $62, payable by cash, check or money order, LionCash+, or major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)

Motorcycle Parking at Gated Parking Facilities is Prohibited

During installation of new gate equipment at the East, HUB and Nittany parking decks, the service company performing the installation brought forth a safety concern regarding motorcycles entering through gated equipment. After consulting with the manufacturer, parking industry peers and the University's Risk Management Office, it was confirmed that the speed at which current-generation gated equipment operates could pose a serious safety issue for motorcyclists. With the safety of all customers in mind, all parties have agreed to prohibit all motorcycle parking at these facilities East, HUB and Nittany Parking Decks effective immediately. To accommodate motorcyclists displaced from the gated facilities, additional motorcycle spaces are available in the Eisenhower Parking Deck, Lot Green B near Ford Building and Lot Yellow R near Ag Administration.


As an alternative to parking on campus, the Centre Area Transportation Authority (CATA) offers the RIDEpass, which issues PSU Faculty, Staff, and Grad Students discounted bus pass, good on all CATA bus routes in the State College area, as a replacement for a parking permit.

For more information please visit Penn State Transportation Services, or review University Policy BS03: Faculty and Staff Parking Rules and Regulations.