Radio & Podcast Archive
Penn State researcher studies food insecurity, local-foods movement
October 18, 2011
- The growing local-foods trend could hold a key to feeding the hungry.
Weather, speculation affect U.S. ag commodity prices
October 11, 2011
- A summer of droughts and flooding have produced plunging commodity prices that surprised the speculators.
Listeria outbreak in cantaloupes shows need for good agricultural practices
October 4, 2011
- Don't let pathogens get onto or into your fruit.
Up-and-down weather season could make for muted fall foliage
September 27, 2011
- The rich colors of autumn may need a helping hand.
Help researchers combat mysterious bat disease
September 20, 2011
- Your fall housekeeping chores can help scientists solve a puzzling malady.
Online service helps you understand your drinking water
September 13, 2011
- Some could use some help determining what comes out of their tap.
Conventional wisdom changes on rabies
September 6, 2011
- The disease is turning up in surprising places.
Study shows Marcellus Shale benefits economy
August 31, 2011
- A SPECIAL EDITION of the Penn State Ag Sciences Newsline reports on a study that examines if Marcellus Shale development actually pays for Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania forests slowly deteriorating
August 30, 2011
- It's not too late to save forests for the future.
Exercise caution when personalizing canning recipes
August 23, 2011
- Culinary innovation is trumped by food safety.