Radio & Podcast Archive
Don't let food safety be a casualty of the holiday season
December 20, 2011
- That traditional holiday spread could be sharing more than your family's favorite delicacies.
Real Christmas trees can have environmental benefits
December 20, 2011
- Your family tree can make significant contributions to the natural habitat long after it's cut down.
High tunnels can change the "local" in local foods
December 13, 2011
- Bananas growing in Pennsylvania cities? Researchers say it's possible with high tunnels.
Marcellus Shale development offers pluses, minuses for Pennsylvania agriculture
December 6, 2011
- An online webinar presents the pros and cons of natural-gas development so farmers can decide for themselves.
2012 may be tough for Pennsylvania's dairy producers
November 29, 2011
- The new year may bring reduced availability and quality for milk in the Keystone State and the Northeast.
Pennsylvania wrestles with Sunday hunting
November 22, 2011
- With deer season around the corner, the fate of a controversial innovation is still unsettled.
Prepare to pay more on Turkey Day
November 15, 2011
- There's a big difference between frozen vs. fresh birds.
National "Food Stamp Challenge" highlights difficulties of living on less
November 8, 2011
- As Congress considers significant cuts in SNAP funding, legislators and activists highlight the program's value.
Water testing near Marcellus drilling shows need to educate consumers
November 1, 2011
- Perhaps there is a greater threat to Pennsylvania's drinking water than natural-gas drilling.
Penn State researcher says super-weeds are closing in on Pennsylvania
October 22, 2011
- Herbicide-resistant strains of common weeds may be moving into Pennsylvania.