On Demand Training
Does your schedule not fit with our scheduled trainings? Then you should try our On Demand Trainings. On Demand Training offers a convenient way for faculty, educators and staff to provide their unts, departments, or teams with critical just-in-time technology training.
Faculty, educators and staff can request just-in-time, on-site trainings for their teams. Through this service, the Educational Technologists will provide professional instruction that will boost critical technology skills. These seminars can be presented at requested sites, including regional and county offices. The training can be offered via Adobe Connect also.
Potential training topics include:
- Adobe Connect (2 hours hands-on)
- Adobe Presenter (2.5 hours)
- Manipulate Photos with Picture Manager (2 hours)
- Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 (5 hours)
- MS Outlook Information Management (2 hours)
- MS Outlook Meeting Management (2 hours)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 (5 hours)
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 (5 hours)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 (4 hours)
- Microsoft Word 2007/2010 (5 hours)
- Movie Maker - Creating Clips (4 hours)
- Podcasts - Creating a Podcast (4 hours)
- Online Survey Tool - using Survey Monkey (5 hours)
- Understanding Your Office Network (3 hours)
- Working with Offline Files (3 hours)
- Video Conferencing (2 hours)
On Demand Training requests are prioritized based on certain criteria. Factors taken into consideration include request timeframe, number of participants to be trained, number of hours of training, instructor availability, and ability for participants to attend a scheduled session on the same topic. Since each training is designed to cover a pre-defined set of skills and topics, too much variation from that pre-defined list may result in learner dissatisfaction.
A guaranteed minimum of 8 participants is necessary in order to schedule an On Demand Training. These 8 participants may be from other counties, departments, teams or units.
REQUEST A TRAINING
Please make requests at least one month in advance of the desired date of the training. To begin the request process, please contact: Jacki Weikert – (814) 755-3794.