Update PowerPoint Presentation with New Template
The Communications and Marketing team have created several templates to help you create your publications more efficiently. The following steps will help you update older presentations with the new template.
- Save Templates to your templates directory - follow this How To.
- Open PowerPoint.
- From the Office button, click on New.
- Click on My Templates in left-hand pane.
- Select the appropriate template.
From the New Slide drop down arrow, select Reuse Slides...
- A new presentation should appear using the new template.
In the Reuse Slides Task Pane (on right-hand side of screen), select Browse ... From File.Select the presentation you want to update.Click on each slide you want to use or right-click on any slide and select Insert All Slides.Clean up your presentation.
- Reuse Slides... option is at the very bottom of the window.
- If the template was not correctly applied to a slide, try right-clicking on the slide, select Layout and select an appropriate template layout for that slide.
- If text size and placement is not correct, try right-clicking on the slide and selecting Reset Slide.