Setup Multiple Displays
NOTE: These steps are written for College Enterprise Network (EN) Computers that have the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Tip: If you are using Windows 7, you can skip steps 1 - 5 by pressing the Windows key and P (Windows + P) and choose Extend. Then go to the Windows 7 sub-section below.
- From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel, then in the Control Panel window, double‐click on the NVIDIA Control Panel icon.
Note: If asked, choose Standard Settings. Click OK.
- Under Display, click Set up multiple displays.
- In Step 1, choose Configured independently from each other (Dualview).
- In Step 2, both monitors should be selected.
- From the File menu choose Exit.
Note: You now will check to be sure that the monitors are positioned in the Display control panel correctly with regards to "left and right". In other words, when you drag a window from one monitor to the next, if the 2nd monitor is to the "left" the movement of the mouse to the left will take the window to the 2nd screen. Alternatively, if the 2nd monitor is to the "right" of your main screen, you want the movement of the mouse to take a window that direction.
- Double‐click on the Display control panel icon.
- Click the Change display settings link.
- Click Identify to display a large number on each of your monitors. This shows which monitor corresponds with each icon.
- If needed, click and hold on the monitor icons and drag them to positions that represent how you want to move items from one monitor to another.
- Click Apply to view changes.
- Click OK when done.