Provide Access to SurveyMonkey to Enter Data
Scenario: You have a program or a study and you've sent out paper surveys. Now it's time to tally all that data. SurveyMonkey will do the tallying but you need to create a survey in SurveyMonkey similar to your paper survey. You may also want to think ahead to how you want to summarize the data after it's entered. If you'd like to filter the data by site or instructor, etc, you need to enter a question (either at the beginning or the end) that differentiates among the sites or counties, districts, or instructors. These questions will help provide you with different summaries.
- As the account owner, log into your SurveyMonkey account.
- Click on the survey you want to collect data.
- Click on the Collector Tab
- Create a Collector - Enter a name for the link. This is the person who will be entering or "collecting" the data.
- Click Next Step.
- Before we send the URL, we need to change our settings to allow the collector to enter responses from multiple surveys.
- Click on Change Settings in the left-hand navigation.
- Click on Yes to Allow Multiple Responses.
- Click on Yes to Allow Responses to be Edited
- Click No to Display A Thank You Page
- Click No to Display Survey Results
- Click on Loop to Start for Survey Completion
- Leave Survey Disqualification as is
- Click No to Save IP Number in Results
- Save settings
- Click Back to Summary
- Copy the link or URL and paste into an email to the person who will be entering data. The important thing to remember, is that you are designating who enters or "collect" the data and you are not providing the account username and password information.
You may want to refer to the How To Provide Access to View Summaries