Configure Multiple Email Accounts on the same machine - Outlook 2003 with Exchange
The following steps describe how to setup multiple profiles on the same computer.
- Go to Start | Run | Control Panel | Click Switch to Classic View in the upper left corner of the task pane.
- Double click the Mail Icon in control panel to open a "Mail Setup" Window.
- The bottom section of this window is titled "Profiles". Click the button called Show Profiles.
- You will have an existing profile called "Default Outlook Profile". This is your profile.
- Click the Add button (Note: These steps can be repeated to add as many new profiles as needed).
- Click OK.
- Under Email section, choose Add a new email account. Click Next.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange Server. Click Next.
- For Microsoft Exchange Server address enter exchange.ag.psu.edu.
- For Username enter the UserID for the new account. Ex: agcompsupport
- Click the Check Name button.
Note: your UserId should become your name (underlined) and the full Exchange server name should appear. You should be prompted for a UserID and password. Enter AG\[UserID] in the User id field. If the name still can't be found, contact Computer Support for help.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Security tab.
Encryption, check Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook
and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- From the Logon network security drop-down menu, select Password Authentication (NTLM), instead of "Kerberos/NTLM Password Authentication". Click Apply.
- Click OK. Click Next. Click Finish.
- Close the dialog boxes and the control panel and open Outlook.
- Outlook will prompt you to select a profile when you open the program. Select the appropriate account from the drop-down list. You will need to close and re-open Outlook to change accounts.
- To have Outlook determine the account to use when you open the program, Click the radio button "Prompt for a profile to be used" so the program will ask the user to select an account each time Outlook is opened. To switch accounts, the user will need to close and re-open Outlook.
- After the profiles have been setup, left click on each profile to be configured and click the "Properties" button. This opens another Window with "Email Accounts" and "Data Files" as options.
- Click on the "E-mail Accounts" button. Depending on whether or not an existing account has been setup, choose either: " Add a new e-mail account" or "View or change existing e-mail accounts.