Delete a Quarantined File from Symantec Antivirus
In most cases the clean process does not work and the file is placed in Quarantine. This is good. Because when the file is in Quarantine you can't accidentally send it to other people or infect yourself with the virus.
This how to explains how to delete a file that is in Quarantine.
Important Note: In some cases you may not want to delete an item in Quarantine. Examples would be an important document or your In box (from Eudora). If your In.mbx appears in Quarantine, please contact Computer Support as soon as possible and DO NOT delete this file from Quarantine.
If an important document has been Quarantined you can keep it in Quarantine until your virus definitions are updated. Then you can try to clean these infected files again.
How to delete a Quarantined file
- Double-click on the SAV shield icon in your Notification Area (lower right-hand corner of screen).
- From the View menu choose Quarantine .
Select the file you want to delete.
- NOTE: If in.mbx is listed Do NOT delete this file. This is your Eudora inbox. Contact us using the Help Desk submission form or call 814-865-1229 .
- To select all files, click on the first file. Scroll to the end of the Quarantined files list. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the last file.
- Click the Delete button in the toolbar (looks like a red x).
- In the take action dialog box, click Start Delete .
- When status has changed to succeeded click Close button.
- If more documents appear in the list, repeat steps 3 - 6 until finished.
- When done, click Close . Click Exit to exit SAV.