Clear Sun's Java Cache
Note: Clearing the Java Plug-in cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of web pages and programs.
These steps will show you how to empty the JRE cache. These steps can be done at anytime, but could be part of a monthly computer maintenance schedule.
In addition, you can reduce the size of the JRE cache so that it will 'flush' out older data by itself.
- Click Start, then Control Panel.
- Open the Java control panel. If you don't see it, click the Switch to Classic View link on the left. Then open the Java control panel.
- When the Java control panel opens, you will be at the General tab.
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click Settings.
- Click Delete Files.
- All options should be chosen. Click OK.
Note: The following graphic shows that the 1000 MB is the default size allocated for the JRE cache. This is much too large. We recommend that you edit this number to be 20 MB. If you have yet to make this change, you can do so now.
- When ready to close the Java control panel, click OK. Click OK.