Automatically Number Rows in Excel 2007
These steps work for Excel 2007:
- Select the first cell in the range that you want to fill.
- Type the starting value for the series.
- Type a value in the next cell to establish a pattern.
- For example, if you want the series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..., type 1 and 2 in the first two cells.
- If you want the series 2, 4, 6, 8..., type 2 and 4.
- Select the cells that contain the starting values.
- Drag the fill handle across the range that you want to fill.
- If you don’t ‘see the fill handle, go here for help.