Add Holidays to Outlook Calendar
A Tip for Outlook 2010: Before adding Holidays, you should use a Category view and delete the events in the Holiday category before using Add Holidays. This is not required, but doing so eliminates possible duplicates of older holidays.
Watch Video for Outlook 2010: Group by category to delete Holidays from Outlook
Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013.
- For Outlook 2010, it is recommended you first delete the current Outlook holidays. Watch the video mentioned above for instructions on how to do this.
- Once that is complete, you should keep the Calendar view in List view by Categories.
- From the File menu choose Options.
- In the left pane, choose Calendar.
- Under Calendar options, click Add Holidays....
- Place a check mark next to your country (e.g. United States).
- Click OK. Click OK to accept the imported holidays.
- Click OK to close the Outlook Options dialog box.
- In the Calendar view, you should see the new Holidays listed. You may want to remove any Holidays that are not useful to you while in this view.
- To switch back, from the View group, click Change View and choose Calendar.