Ordering Process for County Extension
NOTE: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the recommended web browsers to use when accessing the eBuy system.
If at any time you have questions, please feel free to contact us via our Help Desk Request.
County staff will need to work with their District Director and educator/staff to select a computer from the PSU bundles found on the Dell 'punch-out' area or the Apple "punch-out' area on the PSU eBuy site (http://ebuy.psu.edu).
- Go to the above website and click EBUY.
- You may need to logon with your PSU credentials.
- Click eBuy Browsers in the top navigation text links.
- Click OK at the alert.
- If you are brought to your name/settings, click Save and click the Home/Shop tab at the top left.
- Click the Dell button or the Apple button in the center. Another window will appear.
- For the Dell site, you may need to choose a specific bundle by choosing a selection from the Filter area.
- If you need to make customizations (more RAM, different monitor, etc), click Customize.
- If you don't see what you need, please contact your consultant via our Help Request Form and we can assist you.
- Make your selections, then click Add to Cart.
- If you don't need to make any customizations, click Add to Cart for the bundle you want. Go to step 10.
- Once you are in the Cart, you may want to print this 'order' for your District Director to review/approve.
- Dell: Click Save as eQuote.
Apple: Click Create Template.
- IMPORTANT: Complete the Dell eQuote form fields using the specific instruction provided here.
Apple orders, please follow the steps here.
- Once the eQuote or Template is created, it will be sent to Ag IT for review. Then it will be passed to Extension Business where it will be processed and the equipment will be ordered.
- Processing includes confirming that the selected hardware is part of the PSU recommended bundles. If there is any questions, someone from Ag IT will contact the office for clarification.
- Orders will be shipped to the county office.
- Once the computer is received by the county, the following will need to occur:
- A Help Request ticket will need to be placed to initiate the imaging process (the ticket should include the computers' Service Tag).
- The packaging slip will need to be scanned and sent to email@example.com, faxed to 814-863-7776 or mailed to Extension Business Office (323 Ag Admin, University Park, PA 16802).
- The Extension Business Office will invoice the county office.