Transferring to Penn State?
Advanced-standing transfer students may be admitted directly to a major (if entrance requirements have been met), or admitted to the College in pre-major status (if transferring with less than 59.1 credits and can meet the entrance to major requirements prior to fifth-semester classification).
- High school and college transcripts are required
to complete a transfer application.
- Students transferring to University
Park must have taken 2 years of full-time college coursework before the time of
- For more information about the transfer requirements, visit the
Undergraduate Admissions website.
- Transfer credits will be evaluated by the
academic adviser in the department/school.
Transfers to University Park
- Transfer students in pre-major or major status at
University Park are advised by a department academic adviser.
- Students are encouraged to contact the major adviser as early as possible to discuss a viable schedule of courses for the entering semester.
Transfers to Commonwealth Campus
- Students transferring to a Commonwealth campus
are advised by our Commonwealth Campus Advisers until
eligible for a change of campus to University Park.
- To assist with course sequencing and scheduling, review the major Recommended Academic Plan.
- Transfer students who wish to apply for on-campus
housing at University Park must do so through the eLiving Housing Contract
- Students planning to live off campus should review housing opportunities made available through the Division of Student Affairs at University Park.
- General questions about transferring to the College of Agricultural Sciences may be addressed to the Office for Undergraduate Education.
- Commonwealth Campus Advisers
- Academic Program Advisers