Agricultural and Extension Education
This major can prepare students to teach agriculture in public school systems and is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Students can specialize in many agricultural areas with their choice of our three options: Production, Environmental Science, or Leadership Development and Communication.
Why Major in Agricultural and Extension Education?
You may choose this major if you want to:
- work with youth and adults in agriculture, agribusiness, and natural resources in rural, suburban, and urban areas
- work with applied agricultural science in occupational education
- work in positions where teaching methodology, leadership development, communication skills, and related competencies are considered assets but teacher certification is not required
Career Opportunities for Graduates
The number of job openings in the agricultural industry annually exceeds the number of available qualified graduates.
A variety of career choices are available to you:
- Cooperative Extension
- Public relations
- Trade and professional organizations
- State and federal agencies
Visit the Agricultural and Extension Education Major website for course requirements, opportunities, and more information.