Carrie was hired as an instructional and graphic designer. She came into the college with 6 years of experience in graphic design/web page development, computer programming and technical writing. She started in January 2008 and has been responsible for a variety of college courses and extension projects.
Carrie’s responsibilities include:
- Working closely with faculty to develop a robust learning environment
- Incorporating appropriate learning theories, instructional design models, and instructional design strategies into each course
- Assisting faculty with the development of well written learning objectives for each module
- Training faculty to use basic functions of ANGEL (PSU's content management system)
- Incorporating multimedia, animations, and other interactive components into each online course
- Creating custom course banners and content specific graphic designs