The Office of Multicultural Affairs will serve as a focal point for coordinating and enhancing multicultural initiatives across the college.
Responsibilities of the office include:
- Leadership of the college Diversity Coordinating Council
- Implementation of the college's 2010-2015 Framework to Foster Diversity,
- Oversight of the creation of diversity committees in the academic departments,
- Handling of civil rights issues and reporting, and
- Liaison with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Civil Rights Compliance Office.
Additional goals for the office include:
- Increasing the diversity of candidate pools for faculty positions,
- Creating and expanding diversity-related professional-development opportunities for faculty, staff, and students
- Promoting the creation of diversity-related student programs, and
- Encouraging the recruitment and participation of underrepresented students in undergraduate and graduate programs.