Publications and Creative Services
Our team is responsible for the planning and production of printed Penn State Extension publications and College marketing materials.
- Editing and proofreading
- Layout and design
- Printer contracting
- Review of other materials for University branding and statements
- Coordination of distribution with the Publications Distribution Center (PDC)
Production Process Overview
- The author must complete the Extension Peer Review process and forward materials to the appropriate Extension Assistant Director of Programs.
- The author must complete the brief online Project Request Form.
- Ag Communications and Marketing will contact the author to discuss project details and set up a production schedule.
- Ag Communications and Marketing will send the author a Project Approval Form to sign and forward to the Extension Assistant Director of Programs for approval and signature.
- The author should send an unformatted Word document and any supporting graphics or photos to the Ag Communications and Marketing art editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy editor (email@example.com).
- Ag Communications and Marketing will coordinate copyediting, design, photography, illustration, proofreading, and printing. Authors will be provided proofs to review and approve throughout the production process.