September 7, 2011 Minutes
First and most importantly,
anyone interested in Dickinson College's Seeding the Future Conferece http://blogs.dickinson.edu/seedingthefuture/,
contact Stacey ASAP. It will be an awesome event, it begins noon Friday October
14th and goes through the rest of the day Saturday. We will be camping out
Friday night on the Dickinson College Farm. There will be a hoedown! Driving
will be arranged. Please Let Stacey know if you want to go at email@example.com
And now for some less pressing but equally exciting matters:
- Congratulations to Rachel Hoh, who has been voted unanimously the new VP of SAC!
- New meeting times AFTER our next meeting will be 6:30pm, Wednesdays, Willard
- This Sunday at the Center for Sustainability Community Garden, Stacey could use a hand with simple chores at the garden. Contact her if interested
- First Potluck of the year Friday (9/16). It'll be at Rachel's place (209 W Foster Ave Apt 12) or at the Sidney Friedman Park (in between Allen and Fraser), weather permitting, from 6-8 PM.
- Next Meeting will be Wednesday September 21st. We will meet at 6:45 outside of the State Theatre (College Ave between the College Diner and Herwig's Austrian Bistro). We will meet for 15 minutes and then go see Forks Over Knives at 7pm at the State Theatre as a club. Anyone interested in seeing Forks Over Knives and being reimbursed for this club activity contact Stacey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour of Penn State's Rock Springs Agricultural Research Facility with BBQ on site afterward October 1st
to Look Forward To:
-Dr. Clare Hinrichs to speak on community food security
-Dr. Mike Jacobson to speak on Agroforestry
-Back by popular demand! Dr. Ephraim Govere to speak on African agriculture, agricultural development agencies, and of course, sorghum!
-Possible Permaculture workshops and/or tours of Ahimsa Village, a permaculture center
-Possible volunteer/work day at multiple local CSA farms